BS EN 14181 Testing
BS EN 14181, Quality Assurance of Automated Measuring Systems, is a European Standard which applies to automated emissions monitoring instrumentation installed on large combustion plant or waste incineration. It covers the approval calibration, testing and performance monitoring of the measuring system. Quality of measurements is deemed to be assured by: -
- Using approved instrumentation (Quality Assurance Level 1, QAL1),
- Undertaking calibration against a standard reference method (QAL2),
- On-going assessment of instrument performance (QAL3)
- and an annual surveillance test (AST) again against a standard reference method.
CES Environmental Instruments Ltd is able to provide services covering all aspects of BS EN 14181.
- Advice on selection of CEMs
- Installation and commissioning
- Service and functionality testing
- Calibration against standard reference methods
- Annual surveillance testing
- Advice on performance monitoring by the operator
- Information and training (see our training section)
We have significant experience in this form of testing and are one of the first companies to gain BS EN14181 UKAS Accreditation.